- 2006 SAQA Member Invitational. Mary Beth Bellah, curator, Artisans Center of Virginia, Waynesboro, VA.
- 2003 Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival Competition. Williamsburg, VA. February, 2003.
- 2001 Mid-Atlantic Wearable Art Festival VII Competition, Williamsburg, VA.
Honor’s & Awards
- 2001 Mid-Atlantic Wearable Art Festival VII Competition. Williamsburg, VA Juried Design: Wearable Art, First Place Amateur, February 22-25, 2001.
- 1996 Best in Show Design/Graduate, Department of Clothing & Textiles, Virginia Tech.
- 1996 Design Consortium. Weekend-long, interdisciplinary team design project and competition. Virginia Tech. College of Human Resources.
- 1992 Blacksburg Antique ShowSale & Quilt Show. 3rd place, Novelty Division, Dense- quilted jacket.
- 1991 Blacksburg Antique ShowSale & Quilt Show. 2nd place, Novelty Division, Dense- quilted jacket.
Art/Design Professional Affiliations
- SAQA, Studio Art Quilt Association, (2005-present).
- ITAA, International Textiles and Apparel Association, (1997-2009).
- Beach, J. L., & Kincade, D. H. (2003). Just a straight stitch. ITAA Proceedings, 60. – ITAA Conference, November 2003. Description of poster presentation on a Creative Teaching Idea. Student’s design and assemble a strip-pieced quilt block.
- Post Doctoral Studies, Human Development/Family Studies, Virginia Tech, 2005-06.
- PhD, Clothing & Textiles (with Human Development & Educational Psychology) , Virginia Tech, 1999.
- MA, Apparel Design and Product Analysis, Virginia Tech, 1998.
- BA, Music Education, Harding University, 1977.
- 2001-02 Clothing & Textiles, Department Family & Consumer Sciences, Abilene Christian University, Abilene, TX.
- 2006-08 Apparel Design, Department of Housing, Apparel and Textile, and Resource Management, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA.