Individual & Family Resources
- SOS for Parents: A Practical Guide For Handling Common Everyday Behavior Problems (2002, 8th Ed.) by Lynn Clark, PhD. Bowling Green, KY: Parents Press. — A guide for parents and professionals working with children ages 2-12 years old.
Health & Family
The Cancer Experience:
- Kitchen Table Wisdom: Stories That Heal (1996) by Rachel N. Remen, MD. New York: Riverhead Books.–This author discusses life, health, and healing through the perspective of both a doctor/counselor and a survivor of life-long chronic illness.
- American Cancer Society–Extensive information on cancer, prevention, and treatments. Sponsors “Relay for Life” annually to raise resources, cancer awareness, and to honor cancer survivors.
- Mayo Clinic–Medical center with integrated specialists for the diagnosis and treatment of conditions and illnesses, including cancer. Locations in Rochester, MN, Arizona, and Florida. Health information available on website.
Information on Palliative Care for cancer patients and others being treated for and living with a life-threatening illness, to enhance the quality of life for them and their families.
- What Is Palliative Care? (www.getpalliativecare.org) Information and resources about Palliative Care and dealing with serious illness.
- Good Samaritan Hospice (Roanoke & NRV, Virginia, USA)–Resource for information on Palliative Care.
- Carilion Hospice (Roanoke & NRV, Virginia, USA)–Special program–Palliative Care.